What is Bio-identical therapy?
Bioidentical therapy refers to hormone therapy which uses hormone treatments which are identical and fit like a key to your endogenous or body’s own hormones.
Bioidentical hormones are a safe, effective way to fight the side effects of aging that comes with hormone deficiencies.
Assessing Hormone Levels and Function:
What does testosterone do?
- helps you obtain and maintain lean muscle mass
- increases libido
- increases energy levels
- increases endorphins the same way that exercise does, causing a better sense of well-being
- increases bone mass density, decreasing your risk for osteopenia or osteoporosis
Refers to a hormonal shift which occurs after turning 30 years old. This process refers to a gradual decline of testosterone levels in men and women.
In men, andropause causes several unwanted effects and symptoms such as:
- Low energy
- Low libido
- Difficulty sleeping
- Difficulty staying focused
- Inability to grow or maintain muscle
- Increased cholesterol
- Erectile dysfunction- difficulty obtaining and maintaining erections
- Central abdominal weight gain
- Mood swings
Peri-Menopause & Menopause Symptoms:
Many women start to enter into peri-menopausal hormone shifts as early as the 30’s. There are several unwanted hormone related symptoms that occur in women during this process such as:
- Decreased desire for sexual activity (aka low libido)
- Difficulty staying focused or “brain fog”
- Trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
- Decreased lean muscle mass or decreased muscle tone
- Less elasticity in the skin/ skin starts to sag/ fine lines and wrinkles occur
- Low energy levels
- Mood Swings or Anxiety
- Decreased sense of well-being
All of the above issues which are a direct cause of age related hormonal shifts can be treated with natural hormone therapy. This treatment method dates back to 1939 and can be safely managed to help improve patients’ quality of life during the aging process.
What is Hormone Replacement Therapy and is it safe?
Often times, women have suboptimal testosterone levels causing many of the symptoms mentioned. Testosterone treatment may be recommended via cream or pellet therapy for a woman experiencing andropause, peri-menopause or menopause related symptoms which are described above.
Testosterone therapy can be safely administered to men and women who are deficient in the hormone. Optimal levels often vary for each individual. Although suboptimal levels of testosterone are still considered ‘in a normal range’, we have found in medicine that our ‘normal ranges’ change with age. The natural decline of hormone production causes many issues for the aging male, including erectile dysfunction, loss of bone mass density, loss of stamina, loss of muscle mass, and decreased sense of well-being.
Through years of clinical experience with closely monitoring the safe and effective administration of testosterone therapy, Samantha Thiry, APRN has been a pioneer in the field of the anti-aging medicine.
Testosterone therapy can:
- Enhance erections for men
- Enhance sexual function for women
- Increase energy levels
- Increase lean muscle mass
- Increase stamina
- Increase sense of well-being
- Increase endorphin levels or ‘happy’ neurotransmitters
- Decrease irritability
- Increase sex drive or desire for sexual activity